10 Steps to a long lasting grill and food that tastes better.
Mmmm. There’s nothing like the mouthwatering aroma of hamburgers or chicken or fish cooked on a gas grill. Your gas grill is an important part of backyard living, and proper cleaning will not only make your food taste better, it extends the life of your grill. Pro-Tek is perfect for fighting stubborn grease, food, and carbon residue on your grill so it’s #foodsafe #ecofriendly clean. Follow these 10 steps to make your gas grill last for years and your food taste like the best of summertime.
The Magic Solution
Pro-Tek Cherry, Lemon, Eco-Orange, or if your gas grill is really dirty, use Heavy Duty (HD)
Spray bottle (included in your Pro-Tek purchase, with our compliments!)
Wire grill brush
Now, Do This
- Preheat your grill to low for 10-15 minutes to help make debris easier to remove.
- Meanwhile, in your bucket, mix a greasy-grill-kicking Pro-Tek solution of 5:1 by adding three gallons of water and 10 1/2 cups of Pro-Tek.
- Turn off the gas. Dip your wire brush into the Pro-Tek solution and scrub the grates. Hot grates will produce steam to make your job easier! Once the grates have cooled, prevent food from sticking by seasoning the grates with a soft cloth dipped in cooking oil.
- Remove the grates and set aside. Remove the heat deflectors and scrub with a wire brush dipped in the Pro-Tek solution. Why? Clean heat deflectors prevent flare ups and create a more even cooking for tastier chicken! Dry deflectors and set aside.
- Now remove the burners and scrubs across the ports with your wire brush dipped in the Pro-Tek solution. Removing rust, burnt food, and grease keeps a steady flow of gas for your flames. No more cold spots! While you have the burner valve out, rinse it out with the garden hose. Dry everything and set aside.
- Remove the propane tank and place a bucket under the cook box. Scrub under the lid and the cook box thoroughly with your wire brush dipped in the Pro-Tek solution. Funnel the greasy water into the bucket. Rinse with garden hose.
- Dry the cook box. Replace burners, deflectors, and grates.
- In your spray bottle, mix a 10:1 solution by adding 1.75 oz Pro-Tek to 16 oz water. Spray the outside of the grill and wipe with a clean cloth. For stainless steel, wipe with the grain.
- Keep your grill covered when not in use to protect it from weathering.
- Store your propane tank on the grill if left outdoors. Otherwise, remove the propane tank to store your grill in a garage. Propane tanks should always remain outdoors for safety.
Why You Should Clean Your Grill with Pro-Tek and Not Harsh Chemical Cleaners
Pro-Tek’s eco-friendly formula is tough on grease and safe for food, so you’ll never have to worry about chemical residue ending up in your burgers. Pro-Tek contains no phosphates or toxins for pets or the environment. It’s safe to rinse down the drain! You can be assured of an eco-friendly, grease-free clean with Pro-Tek.
Now Your Grill is Clean, Cook This
July is cherry season! Did you know cherries have the shortest season of any fruit? Got to grill them while they’re ripe. Try this Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa for the freshest, most summertime backyard flavor of all. Happy grilling!
Sale! Save 20% on Pro-Tek cherry through July 15!