Vinyl siding is one of the most popular building materials for homes in the U.S., which means there are a lot of homeowners looking for the best vinyl siding cleaner. The U.S. Census Bureau statistics report roughly one if every three new construction homes in America is designed with vinyl siding. After a summer of mowing the lawn, replenishing the mulch, and afternoon rain showers, it’s time to invest in some non-toxic house siding cleaner. The material, although very durable, collects a host of dirt, grime, and stains.
As you prepare to clean your home with vinyl siding cleaner, it’s best to know what type of cleaner will work well not only for your home, but for the surrounding flowers, grass, and your family (pets included).
What’s the best vinyl siding cleaner?
There are a number of DIYers who will tell you pressure washing vinyl siding is the best way to rid your home of dirt or discoloration. If the siding on your home only collected dust, pressure washing may do the trick. Unfortunately, most homes fall victim to grime that’s a bit more problematic.
- Artillery fungus: Sphaerobolus, or artillery fungus, looks like mud or dirt spots. The fungus isn’t harmful, but the spores can stain your home. The dark-colored specs are attracted to lighter colors, and when left untreated, can stain your vinyl siding.
- Grass: As you mow the grass, loose pieces can stick to your home’s vinyl siding. The grass will stain the siding, similarly to clothing, if not removed before it gets wet.
- Mulch: If you line your home with fresh mulch to showcase flowers or shrubs, it can cause discoloration to your light-colored vinyl siding when it rains or when you water the flowers.
These are just three of the stains that likely won’t be lifted with pressure washing alone. A biodegradable vinyl siding cleaner will be needed. A non-toxic concentrated cleaner like Pro-Tek Chemical will not only clean your siding, but it is also safe for the soil and water supply beneath your home.
How to use Pro-Tek to clean vinyl siding
Pro-Tek Chemical is a concentrated cleaner that must be diluted before being used. If you’re attempting to remove artillery fungus, mold, or grass stains from your vinyl siding, follow these steps:
- Dilute the biodegradable concentrated cleaner
- Spray the solution directly on the stained area of your vinyl siding
- Let the solution sit for 2-3 minutes
- Scrub the stained area vigorously with a stiff-bristle brush
- Repeat these steps two to three times as needed
Vinyl siding cleaner safe for landscaping
The eco-friendly cleaner you create from the Pro-Tek Chemical concentrated solution can be used all over the exterior of the home. The cleaner is environmentally friendly and will not damage your landscaping or harm your grass.
Another benefit of using the Pro-Tek non-toxic cleaner is that it’s gentle enough to be used on your home windows. The cleaner will remove dirt and residue from the exterior and interior windows without scrubbing that could scratch the glass.
Prolong the life of your home with a biodegradable vinyl siding cleaner that will make your home look good and leave your landscaping intact.