There are a number of ways to clean your home without dangerous chemicals often found in all-purpose cleaners on store shelves. One of the newest elements introduced to green cleaning is essential oils. While using these oils for skincare or medicinal reasons has proven benefits, essential oils for cleaning isn’t often thought of when there’s a big mess to tackle. One of the best ways to enhance the benefits of cleaning with essential oils is to partner your favorite oils with Pro-Tek Chemical products.
Cleaning With Essential Oils & Pro-Tek Chemical
Tackling tough stains, caked on grease or rust doesn’t require the toxic fumes of bleach or other harsh chemicals. By using a nontoxic, biodegradable all-purpose cleaner, you not only make your home safer for your family, but you’re also helping improve our environment by minimizing your carbon footprint.
Boosting your ozone-safe cleaner with essential oils will not dilute its effectiveness. In fact, there are a number of essential oils that have proven cleaning power that can be boosted when partnered with Pro-Tek multipurpose cleaner. Here are the best essential oils for cleaning when added to Pro-Tek’s products.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Tea Tree is perfect for areas prone to mold and mildew, like the shower head, bathroom tile and kitchen floor. Add a few drops of this oil to your diluted all-purpose concentrate, and you’ll have a clean area with a sweet scent.
- Peppermint Oil: For areas that need an antibacterial cleaner, add a few drops of peppermint oil. The kitchen and bathroom are great areas for this oil, and because peppermint helps relieve tension headaches, the scent will leave you feeling relaxed (not like you’re walking through a sterilized hospital).
- Lemon Essential Oil: This multi-purpose oil can be added into your laundry cleaner to give whites an added brightness or your carpet cleaner as lemons have stain-fighting power.
- Orange Essential Oil: Add orange essential oil to the biodegradable all-purpose cleaner you use to cut through grease. The benefits of this oil are best seen on the stovetop or grill, where grease is tough to clean.
- Lavender Essential Oil: The disinfectant properties of lavender essential oil make it a great ingredient for cleaner you use in the bathroom, kitchen and the kids’ playroom. The calming scent makes this a perfect add-in to your Pro-Tek cleaner.
- Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil: Cinnamon is naturally antibacterial and antiseptic, making it a great addition to all-purpose mold and mildew cleaner. Cinnamon leaf oil is also effective against pests. Use this cleanser on your outdoor furniture as a natural bug repellant.
- Pine Essential Oil: Pine is often found in traditional cleaners, but using pine essential oil in your all-purpose spray will help kill yeast spores, e-coli and other germs. Try this essential oil on your floors for an added fresh scent.
- Thyme Essential Oil: The germ-fighting power of thyme essential oil makes it a must in your kitchen cleaner. Thyme is effective against salmonella but gentle enough to use in dish soap to clean cutting boards or dishes.
A major benefit to using a concentrated cleaner like Pro-Tek is the endless number of ways you can make it work for your family. By adding essential oils to your all-purpose cleaner, your family enjoys the benefits of the aroma and mental boost that come from many of the oils.